The Forum of the Grand White Lotus, a Free Company of Eorzea.

FAQHomeThe rules of Grand White LotusMember RanksLotus Raid TeamsSearchContactRegisterHomeLog in
Our TeamSpeak: lotusfaerie.typefrag.com // Password no longer required // Download TeamSpeak

Share | 

Frontline PvP tips for a Warrior?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lily Rain
Trainee of Light

PostSubject: Frontline PvP tips for a Warrior?   Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:00 am

Heya Lotus!

I've been playing Frontlines PvP for a while now and while I'm having fun playing it, I do realize that I absolutely suck at PvP. I'm just wondering if there are any other tanks out there that have played Frontlines that could give some pointers to being more successful?

A couple of questions that I have:

Should I turn Defiance on or off? I've noticed that other Warrior tanks don't even bother to turn Defiance on when they rush into enemy ranks. Is it more beneficial to leave it off for the extra damage or should I be a good tank and get more damage reduction?

Skills for PvP? What sort of skills from the PvP skills and Warrior skills should I use to be more effective? I've found that Holmgang and my stun to be very good at catching healers and people running away, but what other skills should I have on my primary hotbar for effective pvping?

Who should I target? In a teamfight, it seems that the Black Mages and Healers cause the most trouble for my team. Should I target the black mages first or deal with the healers healing everyone up? What would be the best way to approach them if they are always in the backline of the enemy team?

If anyone could shed some light on this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Cable_dude
Child of Light

PostSubject: Re: Frontline PvP tips for a Warrior?   Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:35 am

Hey Lily,

You shouldn't be tanking in frontline.  The whole point of PvP is to deal as much damage as possible.  I would suggest switching back to Marauder since it has more cross class skills thus higher damage output. Defiance should always be off since it lowers your damage output.  For targets, I would suggest dealing with the mages first since their skills have lower cooldowns and causes the most annoyance.

Anyways, have fun Smile
Back to top Go down
Lily Rain
Trainee of Light

PostSubject: Re: Frontline PvP tips for a Warrior?   Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:21 pm

Thank you for that great advice Cable!

I've been noticing improvements in my Frontline performance now with those tips of yours. I turned Defiance off and the difference was massive! It's pretty funny watching people run away from my Lala. I've also noticed that once the mages of the opposite alliance group go down, the rest of the enemy party falls apart pretty fast. One thing that I still struggle with are White Mages who heal themselves from 1/4th health to full in one cure, though I guess it's because my group wasn't focus firing the healers first.

Anywho, awesome advice! Frontlines has been much more enjoyable since I'm not feeding all the time now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frontline PvP tips for a Warrior?   

Back to top Go down

Frontline PvP tips for a Warrior?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1