The Grand White Lotus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum of the Grand White Lotus, a Free Company of Eorzea.

HomeThe rules of Grand White LotusMember RanksLatest imagesLotus Raid TeamsSearchContactRegisterHomeLog in

Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn?

Go down 
+6
KiwiLala
Aireya Serpentswing
Felicity.
Garbagepoo
Lily Rain
Wander Yamato
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Wander Yamato
Child of Light
Wander Yamato

Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn? Empty
PostSubject: Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn?   Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn? EmptySun May 25, 2014 9:19 pm

Hello guys and gals, just thought I'd spark some discussion to see what hobbies or activities our guild members focus on when they're not progressing through the game, farming for Atmas, Coil T1-T5, Tomes of Mythology and Soldiery, or trying to clear EX Primals.

Is there something you enjoy doing? I for one enjoy a number of activities such as:

I enjoy watching and playing Football (Soccer), Basketball. and Tennis.
I play YuGiOh competitively and collect YuGiOh cards to sell and trade.
I enjoyed participating in tournaments for Super Smash Bros Melee and Brawl, but my job has gotten in the way of that :/
I enjoy building my own PC's for personal use as well as for profit.
I enjoy watching all sorts of anime (I've even compiled a list of anime's I've watched xD)

That's pretty much all I've got for now, but feel free to ask away or post your own hobbies and activities Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://prescriptionsin.com
Lily Rain
Trainee of Light
Lily Rain

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn?   Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn? EmptyMon May 26, 2014 1:07 pm

Hobbies and Activities eh? Let's see...

I like watching hockey, though I don't play it as much as I used to.

I enjoy competitive TCG's really. Magic the Gathering, Yugioh, Hearthstone, really fun to play, collect and make decks to duel other people.

I am an avid fan of Dance Dance Revolution. It's a shame they havent ported it to ps4 just yet.

I also love creating games. My current project that I'm working on is an RPG, featuring a Day/Night cycle and reputation system with combo based battle mechanics, though it's quite difficult being the only person to work on the game so it will probably take a while before I finish it.  Razz 

I like reading manga and doujinshis, playing anime games and watching anime. Love all the different genres really. Been to a couple of conventions too and it's amazing to see everyone dressing up as their favorite character. (some of them look really kawaii)

I am starting to take up Archery. Really anxious on getting to know how to wield the bow and arrow.

Lastly, I enjoy learning new languages. I currently know/understand how to speak English, French, and Tagalog, but I am now looking to learn Japanese (just so I can understand what the hell I'm doing when I'm playing an anime game >.<).
Back to top Go down
Wander Yamato
Child of Light
Wander Yamato

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn?   Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn? EmptyMon May 26, 2014 1:58 pm

Lily Rain wrote:
Hobbies and Activities eh? Let's see...

I like watching hockey, though I don't play it as much as I used to.

I enjoy competitive TCG's really. Magic the Gathering, Yugioh, Hearthstone, really fun to play, collect and make decks to duel other people.

I am an avid fan of Dance Dance Revolution. It's a shame they havent ported it to ps4 just yet.

I also love creating games. My current project that I'm working on is an RPG, featuring a Day/Night cycle and reputation system with combo based battle mechanics, though it's quite difficult being the only person to work on the game so it will probably take a while before I finish it.  Razz 

I like reading manga and doujinshis, playing anime games and watching anime. Love all the different genres really. Been to a couple of conventions too and it's amazing to see everyone dressing up as their favorite character. (some of them look really kawaii)

I am starting to take up Archery. Really anxious on getting to know how to wield the bow and arrow.

Lastly, I enjoy learning new languages. I currently know/understand how to speak English, French, and Tagalog, but I am now looking to learn Japanese (just so I can understand what the hell I'm doing when I'm playing an anime game >.<).

Sounds like an interesting list of hobbies and activities. I've never played Hockey, only watched it on television but I'm not too interested in it, blegh.

I'm glad someone else here enjoys playing TCG's competitively. I play MTG but not at the competitive level, although it is a more dynamic game than YuGiOh which I enjoy. I've never tried Hearthstone so I can't really say much about it. I also play CardFight Vanguard and Weiss Schwarz which are awesome TCG's.

I remember when I first played DDR, I was so awful at it xD. I do play it for fun though Razz.

Ah, that sounds like an interesting game, the combo system sounds very interesting, hope to one day see your game released Very Happy.

Nice, I read Manga once in awhile, but there's just so much manga to keep track of that I don't read much unless it's from one of my favorite series. I've been to ComicCon a few times when I had free time with certain groups of friends, although I'm not one to dress up lol.

Wow, that's really cool that you're learning Archery. It was a requirement in my Physical Education class back in High School, so I have some experience with Archery although I haven't practiced in quite a while.

Wow, that's a lot of languages you've learned, it must be awesome being able to speak French. That's great that you're wanting to learn Japanese. I actually learned Japanese through High School (the other options were Spanish, French, Italian). So now I don't have to watch anime with subtitles or watch any dub versions.
Back to top Go down
Garbagepoo
Child of Light
Garbagepoo

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn?   Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn? EmptyWed May 28, 2014 9:20 am

Hey all!

You both have some fun activities you partake in.

I enjoy staying somewhat fit. I hit the gym at 5.15am with the fiance at least 3-4 days if not the whole work week. However, with the Miami Heat in the playoffs I've been slacking the past few days. I've always loved playing games online. I started off with Runescape when I was about 10 years old or so. A few years later that progressed into World of Warcraft. I took a break for a bit and would play League of Legends but then I found DC universe and played that for almost a year. Now I've been on this for a little over a month now.

I am a huge TV show fan. I've seen tons of different series. For example: Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, Blacklist, Dexter, Game of Thrones, True Detective, VEEP, Orange is the new Black, House of Cards, Believe, Suits, Vampire Diaries, and many more. I just started getting into anime/cartoons whatever we call them. My fiance got me all the DBZ seasons (7? 8?) and after that I've been really craving that type show. I found Fairy Tail and Sword Art Online (netflix). Both I thought were fantastic, though the characters seem to cry a fair amount (not sure if that is just the culture in Japanese cartoons or not). I just started my first non-english subtitled show called Blue Exorcist, that I think will be pretty good, too.

I've done a little bit of archery myself. I saved $200 bucks up when I was a kid to buy my own. I used it for almost two years, but I dunno if I grew too much or started to get scared but after a while I'd almost always hit my inner forearm with the release, and it'd tear me up pretty good.

I've always wanted to be a competitive Yu-GiOh/Magic card player. I thought that would be so cool, but typically I always just collected Yu-GiOh or Pokemon. Magic seemed too involved to figured out on my own.

Cool hobbies so far!
Back to top Go down
Felicity.
Bank Officer
Felicity.

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn?   Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn? EmptyThu May 29, 2014 11:05 am

Wow, you guys are all so impressive! Where do you find the time to do all that, I'm so jealous!

Now my life seems kind of boring...

Outside of FFXIV and work, I like hanging out with friends doing DIY projects (total pinterest girl...), trying new baking/cooking recipes, going out to the cabin for the weekends and doing quadding/boating out there.

Umm.... I do play around with graphics on photoshop and some web design, but aside from that, nothing much! Any TV I watch is usually K-dramas or going out to movies.

See? You guys are all so impressive with your hobbies! I need to start something really cool... or something... *Felicity Fail*  afro 
Back to top Go down
Lily Rain
Trainee of Light
Lily Rain

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn?   Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn? EmptyThu May 29, 2014 2:27 pm

Garbagepoo wrote:
Hey all!

I enjoy staying somewhat fit. I hit the gym at 5.15am with the fiance at least 3-4 days if not the whole work week. However, with the Miami Heat in the playoffs I've been slacking the past few days. I've always loved playing games online. I started off with Runescape when I was about 10 years old or so. A few years later that progressed into World of Warcraft. I took a break for a bit and would play League of Legends but then I found DC universe and played that for almost a year. Now I've been on this for a little over a month now.

I am a huge TV show fan. I've seen tons of different series. For example: Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, Blacklist, Dexter, Game of Thrones, True Detective, VEEP, Orange is the new Black, House of Cards, Believe, Suits, Vampire Diaries, and many more. I just started getting into anime/cartoons whatever we call them. My fiance got me all the DBZ seasons (7? 8?) and after that I've been really craving that type show. I found Fairy Tail and Sword Art Online (netflix). Both I thought were fantastic, though the characters seem to cry a fair amount (not sure if that is just the culture in Japanese cartoons or not). I just started my first non-english subtitled show called Blue Exorcist, that I think will be pretty good, too.

I've done a little bit of archery myself. I saved $200 bucks up when I was a kid to buy my own. I used it for almost two years, but I dunno if I grew too much or started to get scared but after a while I'd almost always hit my inner forearm with the release, and it'd tear me up pretty good.

I've always wanted to be a competitive Yu-GiOh/Magic card player. I thought that would be so cool, but typically I always just collected Yu-GiOh or Pokemon. Magic seemed too involved to figured out on my own.

Cool hobbies so far!

Oh yes, keeping fit is always a nice activity. I too tend to slack off when I'm distracted by something (in my case games), but I always try to find some time to fit exercise into my schedule. I think we have a lot of games played in common. I also played Runescape when I was a child and quit when someone killed me in the wilderness and took my stuff. Moved on to Maplestory after that and quit when it became pay to win. Played League for a while as well, sank guilty amounts of money into it for skins and stopped playing it this January. I also dabbled a bit into Warframe, then DC Universe Online, and finally Realm Reborn was released and here I am. Been playing this game for 1 month and 2 weeks I think and thinking of resubscribing in the future.

I think the only TV show I really liked watching was The Walking Dead, but I kind of stopped watching it as the story seemed to be less interesting now. Ao no Exorcist (Blue Exorcist) I've also watched and read some of the manga for, and it is pretty good. As for the crying thing, I always find there is more emotion in anime, it's pretty much like watching an overdramatic live action TV show. It depends on the genre you watch, really. There are some really messed up animes out there (looking at you School Days), and light hearted ones (One Piece) and I hope you enjoy what anime has to offer. Also, for me I can't stand dubbed anime. It just sounds so out of place, you can really see the difference between Japanese Voice Actors and English VA's.

Magic isn't very complex as it is expensive. Unlike Yugioh, it has a lot of different formats and to be eligible for playing competitively, you always have to keep your deck updated as some of the cards that you've used previously may go out of rotation, preventing you from playing them in tournaments.

Felicity. wrote:
Wow, you guys are all so impressive! Where do you find the time to do all that, I'm so jealous!

Outside of FFXIV and work, I like hanging out with friends doing DIY projects (total pinterest girl...), trying new baking/cooking recipes, going out to the cabin for the weekends and doing quadding/boating out there.

Umm.... I do play around with graphics on photoshop and some web design, but aside from that, nothing much! Any TV I watch is usually K-dramas or going out to movies.

See? You guys are all so impressive with your hobbies! I need to start something really cool... or something... *Felicity Fail*  afro 

I think your hobbies are pretty cool. I can't for the life of me bake/cook anything properly. I'm a complete disaster in the kitchen.  Embarassed 

DIY projects are pretty fun! A great way to learn new stuff.

It's cool that you do photoshop and web design! You should participate in the Lotus Banner Contest. I'm sure you have a real good chance of winning it.

I've never watched K-dramas but I hear interesting things about them. Many of my friends are into that sort of thing.

Overall, great hobbies you two!
Back to top Go down
Wander Yamato
Child of Light
Wander Yamato

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn?   Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn? EmptyThu May 29, 2014 4:41 pm

Lily Rain wrote:
Garbagepoo wrote:
Hey all!

Cool hobbies so far!

Oh yes, keeping fit is always a nice activity. I too tend to slack off when I'm distracted by something (in my case games), but I always try to find some time to fit exercise into my schedule. I think we have a lot of games played in common. I also played Runescape when I was a child and quit when someone killed me in the wilderness and took my stuff. Moved on to Maplestory after that and quit when it became pay to win. Played League for a while as well, sank guilty amounts of money into it for skins and stopped playing it this January. I also dabbled a bit into Warframe, then DC Universe Online, and finally Realm Reborn was released and here I am. Been playing this game for 1 month and 2 weeks I think and thinking of resubscribing in the future.

I think the only TV show I really liked watching was The Walking Dead, but I kind of stopped watching it as the story seemed to be less interesting now. Ao no Exorcist (Blue Exorcist) I've also watched and read some of the manga for, and it is pretty good. As for the crying thing, I always find there is more emotion in anime, it's pretty much like watching an overdramatic live action TV show. It depends on the genre you watch, really. There are some really messed up animes out there (looking at you School Days), and light hearted ones (One Piece) and I hope you enjoy what anime has to offer. Also, for me I can't stand dubbed anime. It just sounds so out of place, you can really see the difference between Japanese Voice Actors and English VA's.

Magic isn't very complex as it is expensive. Unlike Yugioh, it has a lot of different formats and to be eligible for playing competitively, you always have to keep your deck updated as some of the cards that you've used previously may go out of rotation, preventing you from playing them in tournaments.

Felicity. wrote:

I think your hobbies are pretty cool. I can't for the life of me bake/cook anything properly. I'm a complete disaster in the kitchen.  Embarassed 

DIY projects are pretty fun! A great way to learn new stuff.

It's cool that you do photoshop and web design! You should participate in the Lotus Banner Contest. I'm sure you have a real good chance of winning it.

I've never watched K-dramas but I hear interesting things about them. Many of my friends are into that sort of thing.

Overall, great hobbies you two!

I lol'd so hard when you mentioned School Days xD.

Can't wait for the new banlist to come out in YuGiOh. I imagine my precious Madolches will be hit (Anjelly or Magileine, or even Hootcake). They already ruined my Infernity's xD. Yeah, cards or Archtypes become irrelevant fast because of limitations or bans (Wind-Ups, Crystal Beast, E-Hero's, Dragunitys, Dragon Rulers, etc), so you either adapt or you lose, I sound like such a nerd xD.
Back to top Go down
Felicity.
Bank Officer
Felicity.

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn?   Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn? EmptyFri May 30, 2014 9:04 am

Wander Yamato wrote:
I sound like such a nerd xD.

^ Aren't we all nerds here?  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Aireya Serpentswing
Baby of Light

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn?   Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn? EmptySat May 31, 2014 2:59 pm

You all have very interesting hobbies! It's so cool learning about the diverse things you're into.

Wow, I never knew how complex those cards games are. It's kinda amazing!

I'm not nearly so interesting, but I am also really fascinated by languages and culture so I've learned a few languages as well: English, Spanish and Chinese. I'm really into aviculture (care and keeping of captive birds) and I have a dusky conure named Zobe (pronounced Zo-Be). I am also getting into digital art making but I'm not that great yet. I love camping, hiking and other outdoor activities too. I feel like I'm forgetting something but I can't remember what it is LOL!

Oh yeah, I LOVE cooking and baking -- but baking primarily. (I like to make new flavors of mini cupcakes and then get all crazy decorating them!)

Well, that's me!
Back to top Go down
Lily Rain
Trainee of Light
Lily Rain

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn?   Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn? EmptySat May 31, 2014 10:23 pm

Nice to meet you Aireya! It is always nice to learn new languages and cultures. I had a parrot once back in my native country named Arrow, but had to give him to my cousins after I moved away. I hope you become a great digital art maker, and everything takes some time before you become great at it. Mini cupcakes are delicious! If only I wasn't such a klutz in the kitchen...

Anywho, welcome to the Forums and nice hobbies!
Back to top Go down
Felicity.
Bank Officer
Felicity.

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn?   Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn? EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 10:08 am

Aireya Serpentswing wrote:
You all have very interesting hobbies! It's so cool learning about the diverse things you're into.

Wow, I never knew how complex those cards games are. It's kinda amazing!

I'm not nearly so interesting, but I am also really fascinated by languages and culture so I've learned a few languages as well: English,  Spanish and Chinese. I'm really into aviculture (care and keeping of captive birds) and I have a dusky conure named Zobe (pronounced Zo-Be). I am also getting into digital art making but I'm not that great yet. I love camping, hiking and other outdoor activities too. I feel like I'm forgetting something but I can't remember what it is LOL!

Oh yeah, I LOVE cooking and baking -- but baking primarily. (I like to make new flavors of mini cupcakes and then get all crazy decorating them!)

Well, that's me!

*clings to Aireya* A fellow baker! Let's bake together! Haha ^^

I looked up a dusky conure; it's so pretty! I have a friend who owns a toucan!
Back to top Go down
Aireya Serpentswing
Baby of Light

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn?   Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn? EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 4:32 pm

YEAH! Baking party! It's so cool you like to bake too! We'll have to share photos when we bake something extra yummy!

Eek! I love love love toucans. They are so unique. Zobe says thanks for the compliment, by the way. ^♡^
Back to top Go down
KiwiLala
Baby of Light
KiwiLala

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn?   Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn? EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 3:38 pm

Well, for starters, I love video games! But not just any video games. I dislike FPS the most. My spouse and I have hosted a couple small LAN parties at our house and I do still play a few rounds of L4D2 with them when switching out friends. I don't have that many party games so, usually, who ever isn't on zombie duty gets to play Smash Bros or Rock Band/Band Hero with me. We recently dug up our old Gamecube and are going through Baldur's Gate and Crystal Chronicles together.

The most recent book I finished was Siege and Storm (2nd book of the Shadow and Bone series) and I've got the 3rd one on pre-order. I've also been reading the World Of Warcraft books in chronological order. I'm not really that into manga. I've read many of Ranma 1/2 (never finished it, bought dvd box sets instead), and read the whole of Fruits Baskets and Death Note. I would much rather just watch the anime, although, I do not watch much anymore. I was into Bleach for a long time but lost track around the 150th episode.

Currently, I'm living in Monterey, CA within bicycle distance to the beach. So, every now and then I like to spend an afternoon either visiting the fisherman's wharf or sight seeing, or seeing whats up in the tide pools near my house. The city hosts events regularly so its fun to walk around downtown or the wharf to see what entertainment is going on. We have a Ghirardelli Chocolate shop here so I love stopping in to get delicious Ghirardelli coffee and a handful of chocolates.

I'm not much of a chef. My best kitchen friend is the crockpot. About the only thing I can "bake" are those easy no-bake recipes where you just mix some crap together and throw it in the fridge. Its like the opposite of a crockpot, lol.
Back to top Go down
Aireya Serpentswing
Baby of Light

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn?   Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn? EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 3:55 pm

KiwiLala wrote:
I'm not much of a chef. My best kitchen friend is the crockpot. About the only thing I can "bake" are those easy no-bake recipes where you just mix some crap together and throw it in the fridge. Its like the opposite of a crockpot, lol.

Hey now, don't be dissing the crockpot! Hahaha! You can make a million easy, yummy dishes with that miraculous invention!

Cheers! Your hobbies sound great! I loved San Francisco when I visited a few years ago. Such a lovely, lively beach city.
Back to top Go down
Gina Fotinstaff
Baby of Light

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn?   Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn? EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 6:22 am

Hi my name is Joe and i live in bakersfield, Ca. I love gaming. I love to cook, grill , bbq , deepfry, bake and brew my own beer. I work in the oilfields. I love playing sports, but mostly spend my spare time with the wife, my 2yr old son , and working on my house.
Back to top Go down
motortrend
Baby of Light
motortrend

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn?   Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn? EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 7:18 am

Hello my name is brittney but you all know me as motortrendhunny!

My hobbies are candle making as i am starting my own candle business at the moment.

I also like arts and crafts as well as mainly gaming. I spend most of my day gaming or creating graphics for people due to it being a relaxing thing for me lol. I also love to grill , i have a giant grill in the back yard and take advantage of it often Razz

I also love to swim and hike .. also I believe you should always stay fit in mind , body and soul , which leads me to tell you that i am one of those yoga people Razz

I am a house wife with no kids so i have tons of time to be creative !! I love to read cosomopolitan magazine ( the love magazine) lol in my spare time !

My main hobby though is going to the race track and working on vehicles. I have always been mechanically inclined due to my family history. My grandfather was the head of security for las vegas's race tracks and my dad was a drag race , with multiple mechanics in the family. So in my spar time i like to fix cars and tinker with my tools .. i even have 2 tool boxes Razz anyways that is a little intro about me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
railtracer
Baby of Light
railtracer

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn?   Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn? EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 9:04 pm

I write stories, mostly sci-fi or fantasy. I have one novel published so far. Other than that and vidya, I enjoy theatre, both acting and making costumes, and I do artwork every now and then.
Back to top Go down
Daeron
Baby of Light
Daeron

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn?   Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn? EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 6:06 pm

Hey guys, of so.... for hobbies, I would say digital design, I love to draw in sketchbook, editing audio and video, creating animations and 3D models, playing soccer, reading and cooking. and of course playing other games. working time doesn't help me much on doing most of my hobbies but I manage to make at least one every week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn?   Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hobbies Outside FFXIV: A Realm Reborn?
Page 1 of 1