The Grand White Lotus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum of the Grand White Lotus, a Free Company of Eorzea.

HomeThe rules of Grand White LotusMember RanksLatest imagesLotus Raid TeamsSearchContactRegisterHomeLog in

Your favorite video game or games of all time?

Go down 
+3
Aru
Ashycre.Lin
Wander Yamato
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wander Yamato
Child of Light
Wander Yamato

Your favorite video game or games of all time? Empty
PostSubject: Your favorite video game or games of all time?   Your favorite video game or games of all time? EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 5:55 pm

Hey, everyone, just thought I'd stir something for us to discuss on. So, do you have a video game, games, or a series of games you're particularly fond of? If so, feel free to let us know as well as to why you chose the game or games you did. They can be separated into two categories; single player or multiplayer games. You can specify if you have a favorite single player and a favorite multiplayer game if you need to.

My favorite game of all time has to be Shadow of the Colossus, by Team Ico. Everything about the game is just perfect, minus the controls. The story which doesn't follow a predetermined generic theme of lore that is present in many adventure based games is very interesting. It gives you a plot but very little information about who the main protagonist is in this case, Wander, but it does give an unclear answer as to why he's fighting the Colossus. The rest is up to the player to imagine.

It's my absolute favorite game because of how awesome the story is and because of it's linear gameplay. The soundtrack for the game is also amazing and every encounter with a Colossus can at times take hours to complete which gives so much satisfaction when you finally defeat them.

I own the original release of Shadow of the Colossus for my Playstation 2 and I own the HD remake of it for the Playstation 3, as well as the collecters edition bundled in with another of my favorite games; Ico.

So, there you have it, my all time favorite video game and why I love it so much. Also, if any of you are wondering, yeah, that's where I got the idea for my characters name, well half of my characters name and the character in my avatar is Wander.
Back to top Go down
http://prescriptionsin.com
Ashycre.Lin
Administrator
Ashycre.Lin

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite video game or games of all time?   Your favorite video game or games of all time? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 11:42 am

My favorites are good old JRPGs such as Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross, Suikoden series, and Final Fantasy from first to 10th (I haven't played any above that unless you count multiplayer such as XIV). I also like Grandia, Lunar series, Star Ocean, and there was one called Thousand Arms. I also like Breath of Fire series.

I like RPG games with good narrative because I can learn a lot. I think the phrase "I'm a gamer so I live many lives" rings true for me because of those RPG games. They definitely helped expanding my mind when I was young.
Back to top Go down
https://grandwhitelotus.forumotion.com
Aru
Baby of Light
Aru

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite video game or games of all time?   Your favorite video game or games of all time? EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 10:30 pm

Breath of Fire 3
Final Fantasy 8
Dragon's Dogma, Dark Souls
Battle Field 4
Back to top Go down
Daeron
Baby of Light
Daeron

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite video game or games of all time?   Your favorite video game or games of all time? EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 6:24 pm

this is a very hard one to answer...

I would say that metal gear as a saga is my favourite of all time, but has to be the whole saga, because if we go to individual games or a specific game, I choose PSN game Journey, it's simply astonishing! the music, the atmosphere, the multiplayer experience, simply a game that it may be short, but send me in a wonderful travel every time.
Back to top Go down
Gyvern
Baby of Light

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite video game or games of all time?   Your favorite video game or games of all time? EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 8:29 pm

FFXII
d2
The Witcher Series
FFXIV probably best of all
Back to top Go down
ryuukoutsei
Baby of Light

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite video game or games of all time?   Your favorite video game or games of all time? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 2:45 pm

final fantsy as a series is a given, but that said most have flaws (ex 7 is well over played, 8 was kinda confusing (seeing as squall may have died) 9 seemed shallow).

My faves also include a little known game on the ps1 called Koudelka and this was followed by shadow hearts 1+2.

For the other rpgs star ocean and lost oddysey is up there too.

And when i just want mindless violence dynasty warriors/ warriors orochi.
Back to top Go down
KinaChi
Baby of Light
KinaChi

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite video game or games of all time?   Your favorite video game or games of all time? EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 11:20 pm

I'd have to say the one I've played the most amount of times would have to be Bully.
Back to top Go down
KinaChi
Baby of Light
KinaChi

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite video game or games of all time?   Your favorite video game or games of all time? EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 11:20 pm

I'd have to say the one I've played the most amount of times would have to be Bully.
Back to top Go down
KinaChi
Baby of Light
KinaChi

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite video game or games of all time?   Your favorite video game or games of all time? EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 11:21 pm

Back to top Go down
KinaChi
Baby of Light
KinaChi

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite video game or games of all time?   Your favorite video game or games of all time? EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 11:22 pm

Back to top Go down
KinaChi
Baby of Light
KinaChi

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite video game or games of all time?   Your favorite video game or games of all time? EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 11:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite video game or games of all time?   Your favorite video game or games of all time? Empty

Back to top Go down

Your favorite video game or games of all time?
Page 1 of 1