The Grand White Lotus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum of the Grand White Lotus, a Free Company of Eorzea.

HomeThe rules of Grand White LotusMember RanksLatest imagesLotus Raid TeamsSearchContactRegisterHomeLog in

New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :)

Go down 
+4
Felicity.
Ashycre.Lin
Elric
D'shtola Hyun
8 posters
AuthorMessage
D'shtola Hyun
Administrator

New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :) Empty
PostSubject: New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :)   New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :) EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 5:11 pm

Hi Everyone!

We are going to start a new contest that will run monthly. Instead of the guild management choosing the contest we want to give everyone in the Free Company a chance to have input on the contest and the prizes that would be awarded.

Please PM (personal message) me with any contest ideas you would be interested in and any prizes that you would be interested in winning.

All ideas for contests and prizes need to be submitted to me by 7/23/2014. Any ideas submitted afterwards will not be considered for the new monthly contest.

LET’S HAVE FUN WITH THIS AND GET EVERYONE INVOLVED!!!  afro
Back to top Go down
Elric
Baby of Light

PostSubject: Re: New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :)   New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :) EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 6:37 pm

How about photo contest of our characters in-game? Just have people submit screenshots of their characters in either amazing scenery or whatever, then find a few officers who'd judge it fairly. Would be a nice change of pace from all of our contests where we simply perform preset actions then let them get decided randomly, this would make people put a little bit of thought into it Smile

Last edited by Elric on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ashycre.Lin
Administrator
Ashycre.Lin

PostSubject: Re: New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :)   New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :) EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 11:57 pm

I think Hide and Seek can work. Smile

Need some research on the full extent of "follow" command. The person who initiates "trade" first with the target person win. As for location I would recommend one of the main cities so anyone from level 1 to 50 can join easily.

Anyone who participates need to be given time to unlock all Aetherytes within the city if they haven't done so. Preventing people to use Aetherytes seems to be hard to moderate.
Back to top Go down
https://grandwhitelotus.forumotion.com
Felicity.
Bank Officer
Felicity.

PostSubject: Re: New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :)   New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :) EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 10:50 am

These all sound like a ton of fun.
Follow only works from a short distance, too, and I believe you have to be in line-of-sight of the target. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caellum Draconia
Baby of Light
Caellum Draconia

PostSubject: Re: New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :)   New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :) EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 5:18 pm

Drunken CT Night! Or drunken naked dungeon running! Or naked Primal runs, drunk of course! See a theme here :-)
Back to top Go down
Drake Wind
AF King
AF King
Drake Wind

PostSubject: Approved!   New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :) EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 8:59 pm

I approve all idea's thus far.
What kind of prizes you guys want?
Back to top Go down
D'shtola Hyun
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :)   New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :) EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 9:39 pm

Yep that's the one thing I haven't gotten. A lot of ideas on my spreadsheet but no prizes XD

Guess everyone just wants to do it for fun XP
Back to top Go down
Ashycre.Lin
Administrator
Ashycre.Lin

PostSubject: Re: New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :)   New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 2:51 am

Furniture for our room Smile
Back to top Go down
Elric
Baby of Light

PostSubject: Re: New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :)   New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 5:24 am

Furniture does sound like a good idea, maybe miniature stuff to put on table tops and stuff, I've heard a lot of people say they really need them but can't afford them? (I have no clue how much this stuff is, if it's like 10 bajillion gil then scratch that idea lol)
Back to top Go down
D'shtola Hyun
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :)   New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 11:45 am

Yep I was trying to buy some decorative stuff yesterday after I bought furniture and pretty much said heck no XD
Back to top Go down
KiwiLala
Baby of Light
KiwiLala

PostSubject: Re: New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :)   New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 8:34 pm

Furniture prizes is a fantastic idea.
Back to top Go down
KiwiLala
Baby of Light
KiwiLala

PostSubject: Re: New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :)   New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 8:42 pm

Contest idea: Get some people on level 1 classes and see who can make it from Start to Finish all across Coerthas or Mor Dhona without dying, maybe make them check point in some of the farthest spots on the map. Or even if people are dying make a runner up prize.
Back to top Go down
Felicity.
Bank Officer
Felicity.

PostSubject: Re: New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :)   New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :) EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 8:40 am

KiwiLala wrote:
Contest idea: Get some people on level 1 classes and see who can make it from Start to Finish all across Coerthas or Mor Dhona without dying, maybe make them check point in some of the farthest spots on the map. Or even if people are dying make a runner up prize.

*__* That sounds really fun... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Felicity.
Bank Officer
Felicity.

PostSubject: Re: New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :)   New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :) EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 3:19 pm

I know this is over now, but how about for future contests, if we have a prize as a personalized rank for a day or week or something?
Back to top Go down
Ashycre.Lin
Administrator
Ashycre.Lin

PostSubject: Re: New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :)   New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :) EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 3:33 pm

I'd want a personalized rank. Smile

The permissions will have to reflect the original rank.
Back to top Go down
Lily Rain
Trainee of Light
Lily Rain

PostSubject: Re: New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :)   New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :) EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 11:38 pm

Let's play on that personalized rank idea. Maybe a rank would be rewarded every month to the Lotus member that has contributed the most for that month in a certain criteria? The rank would reset every month and be given to the next member that had contributed the most for the next month, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :)   New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :) Empty

Back to top Go down

New Monthly Contest - Submit Ideas ASAP :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Grand White Lotus :: Gameplay :: General Discussion-
Jump to: